Thursday, 26 May 2016

Winnie's Signature Throwbacks

Hey Lovelies,
I decided to exhibit something different. Today I bring to you a collage of some (yes just a handful) of my signature looks before the transitioning point of my life. When I'd finally made the decision to take 
...my faith more seriously. I've always been a fan of make-up, beauty, (Beyonce!), Barbie!, Pink! and obsessed with being 'OVERLY' pretty (must admit I was a bit of a show off). I liked pretty things and people and I was a perfectionist, (I still am). All I cared about was my image, perfecting my body and if flirting was going to flaunt my image I would do likewise. I did all of this for the attention of boys (not even men, boys). I wanted to be pretty and all-time sexy and I loved having that title. 

Today's Topic: Insecure-Vanity.
Something I've never talked about.
Just the other day, I learnt that vanity and insecurity were twin sisters. I'm not surprised to be honest. I've always mentioned the word 'insecure/vanity.' It's absolutely possible for someone to be vain but insecure at the same time. 

Back to story...
 I worked so hard building myself and my image for such a long time (between my teenage years and up), and dramatic make-up and sexy clothing were a part of my identity. Deep down I cared about what others' thought of me due to my horrible schooling experience and ex boyfriend experience. But I never admitted it. Instead I portrayed an aggressive 'DON'T CARE!' attitude in my pictures. I wanted to be known as the prettiest. I was angry at what all those immature people did to me, I wanted them to payback for what they said and how they treated me. I wanted them to regret making me feel inferior during school period. I was just angry because I believed I was pretty and it was unfair what they did to me. 

So I became 'my very own Beyonce', and made sure I was only around pretty people in my pictures and to be honest it really worked. Nobody could mess with me I would CRUSH them. I seduced the same people that mugged me and those that I crushed on. They were suddenly gaining interest in me by following me on my social media pages and the like. Guys (and girls) would slide into my DM's asking to meet with me and so on and so fourth. I was able to turn the tables around (impressive). I even dated one of my crush's (it was an extremely short lived physical relationship though).

But I was proud of myself, very proud ... a bit like Egyptian Pharaoh - convincing myself that I was 'The Morning and Evening Star'. PROUD!!! Not a good proud actually. I was much ruder, very unforgiving and in my eyes I won trophies; dating good looking guys and even attracting the attention of those that I crushed on. I became so BAD! that I cheated on a crush that cheated on me and I was actually able to hurt him (story for another day). 
 (I'm still tough but definitely humbler).

*Story Short*
I became the living definition of an individual with an identity crisis. I didn't know myself. I was lost. All I knew was that I was OBSESSED with Michael Jackson, Beyonce, Meagan Good, Shakira and the like. I literally saw myself in their eyes. I displayed their behavior and attitude for society's sake. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm still a beauty enthusiast and people compliment me for being overly pretty. Most of you guys might not be able to tell the difference but that's fine because I don't expect you to know me inside out anyway. But its out there on display because this is my online diary and I choose to share with you who I am and who I was. 
Just as my 'about' page says; get to know me through my blog posts. 
As a matter of fact, they are up here because I am even amused at what I was able to build of myself.
I built (what I like to call): A Beauty Empire (but wrongly of course).

That's all for today.
hope you've enjoyed knowing more about me
I've decided not to censor these pics (just change of decision really).
Lastly don't forget to follow me on my New Instagram
It's filled with good adventures haha

CIAO Daisies
xxx
Share:

20 comments

  1. Hi Winnie, I love a woman who is confident and knows who she is, you are all that and love you don't hide back, you are beautiful and love to play with your femininity, as you should! ;)

    Have a great Sunday!
    x Josune @ Your Beauty Script

    http://yourbeautyscript.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Thank You Josune
      You are a beautiful woman and you've inspired me in many ways without realising it
      So thank you so much
      Xxx

      Delete
  2. Winnie! Your blog is brilliant! Keep up the good work xx

    Tiffanyafiawrites.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eyebrows on fleek!

    ❤︎
    Dakota D.
    http://fannypacksandvisors.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) thanks for the comment hehehe

    I really liked to read more of your thoughts , keep on blogging.

    STRAWBERRY JAM nail art-post here


    Facebook |Bloglovin |♥Instagram | Lookbook |Google✚


    Stay Gold

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love how you combine the outfit! and the make up are on point too!! keep up the good work dear
    have a great weekend
    xx,
    http://evelyn-halim.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this post!!! Greetings!:)

    xxBasia
    http://kasztanowydomek.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is very interesting, original also in post you do!!!Go on!!!Kisses
    Sophia
    www.sophiasfashiondiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your pictures are gorgeous and your eyebrows are on fleek!

    xo
    http://www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look so gorgeous in all of these!!
    www.samanthamariko.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. love it

    http://benemgn.com
    http://benemgn.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You still look gorgeous dear, and it's understandable not to share everything about oneself on social media because certain things should be left the way they are personally.


    www.stylenbeautylounge.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really cool dear!

    Love your blog and I am a new follower on GFC :)
    Maybe we can follow each other?
    Let me know!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  13. You will still be pretty which ever way you choose to dress dear.
    P:s- The weave on the second picture though!!!


    Have a great week
    www.tegaenai.com
    xoxo..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful words and person! :)

    www.blushingbliss.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice post Winnie. Thanks for stopping by on my blog :)
    sewafolie.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look so beautiful :)
    Thx for sharing.

    x Alix N,
    @ www.acommonobsession.com

    ReplyDelete

© Its Just Winnie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig